We are pleased to present The Scotchman - a member of our acclaimed PALMER COX BROWNIE COLLECTION. This whimsical character made his appearance in Cox's third Brownie book published in 1893 titled "The Brownies at Home."
Based on the original Palmer Cox illustrations, the Brownie Scotchman from R. John Wright Dolls is made of the finest custom-dyed all-wool felt and jointed at the neck and shoulders. He has a molded felt character face, hand painted features, a mohair wig, and incredibly tiny sculptural hands. Measuring approximately 8 1/2" tall (without his hat), the Scotchman has heavy wire inside his legs to enable him to be self-standing.
The Scotchman wears a traditional Highlander costume consisiting of:
- A tailored felt shirt with tiny custom-made brass buttons
- A plaid felt kilt with matching sash, leather belt, and custom-made brass buckle
- The "plaid" effect is achieved by a combination of meticulous stitching and airbrushing
- A matching felt plaid sash with rosette pin
- A sporran made of brass and felt with mohair "fur"
- A jaunty felt Balmoral cap with pom pom and painted felt feathers
- Plaid felt kneesox, and handcobbled blue leather shoes with custom-made brass buckles
- No detail has been spared to bring this amusing Palmer Cox character vividly to life!
The Brownie Scotchman was produced in a limited edition of just 250 pieces worldwide. He comes inside a deluxe RJW presentation box with a signed and numbered Certificate of Authenticity and the forms for owner registration.
DIRECT PURCHASE: The Scotchman offered her is a rare Artist Proof available directly from the RJW COMPANY STORE. The purchase price of $925.00 includes shipping & insurance in the domestic United States! [For overseas shipping rates, contact the RJW office.]
TO ORDER ONLINE: Please select the option below which best describes your request. All orders are subject to availability.
You may also place your order request via phone: 1-802-447-7072.